The Nashville Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) is proud to be part of a thriving business environment. We are working hard to engage our members, partners, and minority business leaders in events and programs of substance which help benefit the growth and economic development of our community.
The NBCC purpose is to economically empower the African-American community through promotion, education, and advancement. Our current theme, EMPOWER 2014: Reshaping Music City will be reflected in the support of our businesses and our community through programs such as:
- School Partnership Initiative: Our members have an opportunity to actively participate in the improvement of public education
- Metropolitan Nashville Public School Teacher Job Shadowing Experience: In the Summer months, this program provides teachers with the opportunity to shadow business owners to help educate and train our future workforce
- American Red Cross Blood Drive: NBCC partners with one of the nation's leading non-profit organizations by assisting with a blood drive in the Nashville area
- Quarterly Membership Meetings: We inform our members about community issues and the possible affects on their businesses at our quarterly Membership Meetings
- Lunch and Learn Seminars: The Chamber's speakers series educates business owners and employees with new ideas and technology changes from industry leaders